Business Development Manager
OTN Systems, located in Olen, Belgium, develops and markets the XTran (Excellence in Transport) telecommunication equipment, dedicated to the operational telecommunication departments of metros, light-rails, oil & gas, mining, ITS (intelligent highways, tunnels & bridges), ports, utility companies, public safety and industrial campuses. With OTN Systems’ unique products, it is possible to integrate different applications for voice, data, LAN, video, SCADA, etc. into one high-speed network in a single fiber optic backbone. More specifically, the OTN Systems products are at their best when it comes to mission critical networking. This is made possible by strong investment in product development and a highly skilled workforce, resulting in a unique product portfolio based on cutting edge technology.
OTN Systems is part of Belden Inc., a global leader in high quality, end-to-end signal transmission solutions. Belden Inc. delivers a comprehensive product portfolio designed to meet the mission-critical network infrastructure needs of industrial, enterprise and broadcast markets.
To reinforce our Strategy and Business Development team OTN Systems is currently looking for a
Business Development Manager (m/f)
- The Business Development Manager is a member of the Strategy and Business Development team. The team is the general interface between the Sales & Marketing department and R&D and is in general responsible for the OTN Systems product portfolio and technological push to the market. Within this team the Business Development Manager is responsible for developing business in the focus markets of OTN Systems in specific countries/regions.
- Reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
Your key accountabilities:
You will work in tandem with the local sales team to push our solution and convince new customers about the unique benefits of our products. You will be actively involved into customer demonstrations, product demonstrations and interoperability tests in the OTN Systems labs and at the customer premises. You will be the evangelist of our technology together with the other business development managers.
The role of the Business Development Manager includes a number of critical tasks and responsibilities such as:
- Builds sufficient market knowledge related to the various products and applications used in our markets.
- Follows technological changes and trends in the market and position them versus the key differentiators of OTN Systems.
- Participates in conferences, shows, exhibitions when appropriate and requested.
- Liaises with existing clients and new clients.
- Provides product education and advice towards new customers.
- Proactively investigates the technical solution required to address customer requirements.
- Opportunistically pursues additional business development opportunities.
- Acts as a Project Manager for proof of concepts to ensure that our solution is accepted.
- Follows and shares market technological needs and evolution with Product Line Managers.
- Influences market through:
- White papers
- Convincing end customers
- Demonstrations on OTN specific or public events where OTN Systems is represented
- Master in telecom or equivalent with 10Y+ relevant experience with a strong technical background.
- Language skills and multicultural experience are a plus as is experience with the focus segments of OTN Systems.
- Fluent written and spoken in English, German speaking is an advantage.
- Must have effective communication skills (listening, verbal and written) as well as excellent demonstration and facilitation skills.
- Must have charisma, ...
- He/She is a builder of long term relationships both internally and externally and this for better understanding the market opportunities.
- Develops short- and long-range plans that are appropriately comprehensive, realistic and effective in meeting goals.
- Technical knowledge on IP/Ethernet is a must. The technical knowledge should include preferable IP/MPLS, MPLS-TP and/or Carrier Ethernet.
- Technical knowledge on TDM/SDH/SONET is much appreciated as a lot of our projects rely on migration of existing infrastructure to new MPLS-TP based networks.
- Must have didactical skills to explain difficult items in a clear and understandable way for a broad range of listeners (end-customers, sales, R&D, product line management).
- Willing to travel for short periods of time but frequently.
- A competitive salary with extra-legal benefits.
- A stimulating and challenging environment with the real power of development.
- The pleasure of working with different cultures on a global scale.
- The unique combination of the industrial world combined with telecom.
- A team where real team-players feel at home.
- A company that values the contribution of every employee.
- An office address that is reachable without traffic-jams.
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org