OTN Systems, located in Olen, Belgium, develops and markets the XTran (Excellence in Transport) telecommunication equipment, dedicated to the operational telecommunication departments of metros, light-rails, oil & gas, mining, ITS (intelligent highways, tunnels & bridges), ports, utility companies, public safety and industrial campuses. With OTN Systems’ unique products, it is possible to integrate different applications for voice, data, LAN, video, SCADA, etc. into one high-speed network in a single fiber optic backbone. More specifically, the OTN Systems products are at their best when it comes to mission critical networking. This is made possible by strong investment in product development and a highly skilled workforce, resulting in a unique product portfolio based on cutting edge technology.
OTN Systems is part of Belden Inc., a global leader in high quality, end-to-end signal transmission solutions. Belden Inc. delivers a comprehensive product portfolio designed to meet the mission-critical network infrastructure needs of industrial, enterprise and broadcast markets.
To reinforce our Strategy and Business Development team OTN Systems is currently looking for a
Product Manager (m/f)
- The Product Manager is a member of the Strategy and Business Development team. The team is the general interface between the Sales & Marketing department and R&D and is in general responsible for the OTN Systems product portfolio.
- Within this team the Product Manager is responsible for defining development programs related to products within OTN Systems. These programs can cover hardware, software or a mixture of both. Developments can be driven from general market needs/trends or can be project specific.
- Reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
Your key accountabilities:
As a member of the team, the Product Manager is responsible for defining requirements for enhancements of existing products or for new products within the network portfolio of OTN Systems. He or she will define development programs based on the requirements together with the R&D system architects. The Product Manager will have a large contribution in the business plan supporting the development programs and will help in defining the future roadmap for products of OTN Systems.
He/she will receive inputs from external sources (congresses for specific verticals, tender documents, interviews with end-customers, partners and consultants) or internal sources (R&D, customer services and sales). It is important for the Product Manager that he/she is able to transform the collected data into useful information for his/her job.
The role of the Product Manager includes a number of critical tasks and responsibilities such as:
- Building sufficient market knowledge related to the various products and applications used in our markets.
- Following technological changes and trends in the market and positioning them versus the key differentiators of OTN Systems.
- Steering the update of our own portfolio through own developments or corporation with other products/suppliers in the application or network domain.
- Collecting market/customer needs and transforming them into coherent requirements.
- Defining coherent development programs out of requirements and structure them into a solid roadmap.
- Managing the product lifecycle.
- Determining price levels and product costs.
- Providing technical and network architectural support for complex sales projects.
- Communicating and explaining product evolutions on internal and external events.
- Influencing market through:
- White papers
- Convincing end customers
- Demonstrations on OTN specific or public events where OTN Systems is represented.
- Master in telecom or equivalent with 10Y+ relevant experience with a strong technical background.
- Must have effective communication skills (listening, verbal and written) as well as excellent demonstration and facilitation skills.
- He/she is a builder of long term relationships both internally and externally and this for better understanding the market opportunities.
- Develops short- and long-range plans that are appropriately comprehensive, realistic and effective in meeting goals.
- Technical knowledge on IP/Ethernet is a must. The technical knowledge should include preferably IP/MPLS, MPLS-TP and/or Carrier Ethernet.
- Technical knowledge on TDM/SDH/SONET is much appreciated as a lot of our projects rely on migration of existing infrastructure to new MPLS-TP based networks.
- Must have didactical skills to explain difficult items in a clear and understandable way for a broad range of listeners (end-customers, sales, R&D, product line management).
- Be able to think on system or solution level.
- Willing to travel for short periods of time.
- Fluent written and spoken Dutch and English is a must, other languages are welcome.
- A competitive salary with extra-legal benefits.
- A stimulating and challenging environment with the real power of development.
- The pleasure of working with different cultures on a global scale.
- The unique combination of the industrial world combined with telecom.
- A team where real team players feel at home.
- A company that values the contribution of every employee.
- An office address that is reachable without traffic-jams.
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org