Telecom Network Engineer
OTN Systems, located in Olen, Belgium, develops and markets the Open Transport Network (OTN) and XTran (Excellence in Transport) telecommunication equipment, dedicated to the operational telecommunication departments of metros, light-rails, oil & gas, mining, ITS (intelligent highways, tunnels & bridges), ports, utility companies, public safety and industrial campuses. With OTN Systems’ unique products, it is possible to integrate different existing applications for voice, data, LAN, video, SCADA, etc. into one high-speed network with a fiber optic backbone. More specifically, the OTN Systems products are at their best when it comes to mission critical networking. This is made possible by strong investment in product development and a highly skilled workforce, resulting in a unique product portfolio based on cutting edge technology.
To reinforce the Network Support Engineering team, OTN Systems is currently looking for a
Telecom Network Engineer (m/f)
As member of the Network Support Engineering team, you will be joining a highly effective self-organizing team that supports our customers worldwide and provides expert services to make sure our networks are designed, deployed and maintained with the highest quality. Your main interfaces in the company are the R&D development teams, the Customer Solution organization and Product Management. You will be able to support our customers worldwide in different telecom environments (oil and gas, metro, electricity, …).
- Bachelor or Master of Engineering or equal by experience.
- A first experience as a network/telecom engineer.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Good technical knowledge of TCP/IP, routing, switching, network engineering (OSPF, MSTP, …).
- Strong analytical skills for troubleshooting of Ethernet based telecommunication networks.
- Able to identify and solve complex connection/communication problems.
- Programming/Scripting (Python) skills is a plus for lifehacking.
- Being able to use Wireshark for data analysis and troubleshooting.
- Able to work independently and share information to your team.
- Writing and maintaining documentation and procedures for internal and external usage.
- Able to be in standby during the weekends on a regular basis.
- CCNA/CCNP qualification is a plus.
- Analyzing, configuring, maintaining and supporting OTN Systems Backbone Transmission products used in critical industries.
- Provide 2nd / 3rd level support to company and customers' networks.
- Advise and propose network design & configuration to the customer to ensure high availability and scalability.
- Support all technical and service requirements for Post-Sales activities.
- On-site troubleshooting and field upgrades for pilot installations.
- Optional involvement in the help desk guard service.
- Regular travelling based on projects.
- A competitive salary with extra-legal benefits.
- A stimulating and challenging environment.
- A team where real team players feel at home.
- A company that values the contribution of every employee.
- An office address that is reachable without traffic-jams.
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.