Test Automation Engineer
OTN Systems, located in Olen, Belgium, develops and markets the Open Transport Network (OTN) and XTran (Excellence in Transport) telecommunication equipment, dedicated to the operational telecommunication departments of metros, light-rails, oil & gas, mining, ITS (intelligent highways, tunnels & bridges), ports, utility companies, public safety and industrial campuses. With OTN Systems’ unique products, it is possible to integrate different existing applications for voice, data, LAN, video, SCADA, etc. into one high-speed network with a fiber optic backbone. More specifically, the OTN Systems products are at their best when it comes to mission critical networking. This is made possible by strong investment in product development and a highly skilled workforce, resulting in a unique product portfolio based on cutting edge technology.
OTN Systems is part of Belden Inc., a global leader in high quality, end-to-end signal transmission solutions. Belden Inc. delivers a comprehensive product portfolio designed to meet the mission-critical network infrastructure needs of industrial, enterprise and broadcast markets.
To reinforce the ‘Integration- and System-Test’ team, OTN Systems is currently looking for a
Test Automation Engineer (m/f)
As a test automation engineer you work in the test department of the R&D organization. Your main interfaces are the R&D Development Teams (Hardware and Software), the Service Organization (technical support for customers, product training,…) and Product Management.
- Within an agile hardware and software development process you analyze product requirements.
- Collaborating with Software Developers and Test Engineers to develop solutions.
- Verify best automated and manual test approaches and execute acceptance, integration, installation and system testing.
- Designing and developing test automation scripts to validate new product and features.
- Support the transition towards continuous delivery.
- Record test results and report and verify software bug fixes to accept automation criteria.
- Researching issues in software through testing.
- Master of Engineering, Master of Information Sciences or equivalent through experience.
- Proficiency with Python programming language, more particular in context of test automation.
- Experience with GUI test automation is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of IP networking technologies.
- Previous experience as Test Automation Engineer.
- Excellent mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly accurate and detail-oriented.
- Good mastering of the English language.
- Basic knowledge of Dutch is desirable.
- Analytic ability
- Contact skills
- Stress resistance
- A competitive salary with extra-legal benefits
- A stimulating and challenging environment
- A team where real team players feel at home
- A company that values the contribution of every employee
- An office address that is reachable without traffic-jams
Send an email to email@example.com.